AW: [meteorite-list] SNCs

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

Hello Jamie, hello Bernd, dear list members,

Bernd is absolutely right again - Norton was certainly
refering to ALH 84025, a primitive achondrite that has
been classified as a brachinite subsequently. If it had
been accepted as a chassignite we would have some very
happy list members today since Michael Cottingham's new
brachinite NWA 595 seems to be quite similar to the
antarctic ALH 84025. Nevertheless, NWA 595 is a rarity
when you consider that there are only seven distinct
brachinites up to date.

Kind regards,
Norbert Classen