[meteorite-list] Meteor 2/9/02 Seismic Reports

From: Rick Nowak <internationalmeteoritesociety_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

IMS has been granted the right to do press release
thru the AP. We are going to use them in tracking down
the Meteor of 2/9/02. Reports are coming in from the
New England Seismic Network. So far only one station
has reported with no jumps on the seismic record.In
the future if anymore meteors show up we will use the
media to obtain flight reports. Plot the end point and
conatct the nearest newspaers to encourage people to
come forward with meteorites. This is so low cost yet
a method that Nininger was not able to use.