[meteorite-list] Bag checks...Tucson, my first

From: TMS/TNS/HRC <musnat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

I enjoyed your airport account! I was really scrutinized too, as I figured
I would be. They made me unwrap lots of things including a fossil belemnite
about 4 inches long to which the checker said "That looks very pointy" with
a raised eyebrow. After deciding I wouldn't take over the plane with an
ancient sea creature, he asked me to unwrap a cluster of vanadanite crystals
which I had wrapped in about a half a roll of toilet paper. So there I am
sitting in this giant heap of toilet paper holding my tiny red crystals
getting very odd looks from passers-by. The only other thing they checked
was a bubble wrapped agate slice. The semi-surly looking army guy who had
been standing silently nearby with arms folded piped up "That would look
really pretty hanging in a window!" After that, they let me go, and the
thing I worried about (my bag of meteorites) went unchecked.

Those poor guys probably had their work cut out for them that week! Glad
they're checking though!

Jeannie