[meteorite-list] Mongolia -Gobi Desert

From: Dave Mouat <dmouat_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:06 2004

It is probably a lot easier to get into the Chinese Gobi (it has a lower
elevation and you will find a little bit of English -- more than you'll
find in Mongolia). You can take a train from Beijing to Baotou and
travel by many conveyences into the nearby dune areas. There are a
number of quasi off limit areas such as the semi autonomous area of
Ningxia but the areas in No. Central China are worth exploring. I've
been there twice and to my knowledge it is untouced land.
Dave