[meteorite-list] Eaggle Butte little reassumed - a brief comment

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:08 2004

Matteo and List Members,

It seems to me that the logical thing to do would be to purchase a piece of
this alleged Eagle Butte, Eaggle Butte, Eagle Button...whatever, and simply
send it to a reputable lab to have it tested. This would give some
finality to the current issue.

Just because a meteorite isn't listed in an official publication doesn't
mean it isn't a genuine meteorite. I personally know of about several
different meteorites found in Arizona, Nevada and California that have not
been "officially" reported by the finders. Their silence is for a variety
of reasons which are readily understood by any of us that hunt for meteorites.

You wag you finger at these folks you are in dispute with claiming fraud
and poor science. What if this material does prove to be a meteorite?

Regards,

John Gwilliam