[meteorite-list] Re: Eagle Butte - "Dr." Schimpf and the Royal Tyrell Museum

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:08 2004

Hi all. Thanks for the plug there Mike! Actually, as the person who runs
the IMCA, I've already acted on this one but have yet to get a result. Jim
Hartman and I talked about possibly contacting this person and I've also
been in private contact with Matteo. I emailed him today and told him that
quite a large number (right around 90 or so right now) of meteorite
enthusiasts are members and part of the being a member is backing other
members up. I said that if they could provide me a detailed analysis from
an accredited institution they could quite being harassed by all these angry
collectors. Hey, they solve that whole "this is a fake" thing, get a lot of
people off their back, and the whole meteorite community rests assured that
this person really is selling authentic meteorites so its a good situation
for everyone involved as long as they can provide the proof to back up their
words and actions.
As can be imagined, I've yet to receive any reply what so ever.
Just goes to show that the IMCA is as good for collectors as it is dealers.
Also, if you've not yet joined up and would like to just email off list and
say you would like to be a member. To everyone who is a member, thanks for
joining and even more thanks go out to those of you who have been using the
logo on your eBay auctions to make this an even more valuable asset to
collectors everywhere.
Best wishes everyone,
Rhett Bourland
www.asteroidmodels.com