[meteorite-list] Meteorwrong?

From: EL Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:54:10 2004

It appears to be a chip off mine-- and I have 3 tons of it... it is 99% assuridly
"Slagus Zincii"aka Slagite with less than a 1% chance of being lava. Send a SASE(a
big one) for a sample.

IT is NOT an impactite in the sense that we use the term. I don't know what train
car it fell off of nor what it smashed while doing so. Seriously, it could have
come from NJ Zinc mining which was smelted in Palmerton PA, and the slag was used as
road bed fill all over the region. When you see it from a distance it looks like a
Cape York- sized meteorite...or it did to me the first time I encountered it from a
distance.

As to M-10 --I haven't a clue where that term comes from and decline to surmize any
workings of the snake oil business.

A note for those who also are into fluorescent minerals-- this material CAN have some
bright green, orange, red, and pastels under ultraviolet light. I have also found
zincite crystals in cavities.

Regards,
Elton