[meteorite-list] "Well then, case closed, it MUST be a meteorite."

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:09 2004

--=====================_27010864==_.ALT

Do you know if they make thin sections as well?

John

At 11:29 PM 2/28/02 -0500, Sharkkb8_at_aol.com wrote:

>The annals of meteorwrong-descriptions on ebay boast many memorable and
>humorous entries over the years, but perhaps none with more earnest,
>compelling simplicity than this one. Evidently the lucky winner of this
>auction will possess one of the very first meteorites ever to be
>classified by the Grandview Elementary School lab, in Washington
>state. Congratulations in advance.
>
>Gregory
>
>_____________________________________
>
><< I wish I knew something about this meteorite but I don't, it weighs
>10.6 oz, measures 2 3/4" long 2" wide. It was found in my back yard on 2
>23 2002. I have no idea how it got there. I know it was not there a few
>days before I found it. I had my daughter take it to school to make sure
>it was a meteorite before I listed it. >>
>____________________________________
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1078795068

John Gwilliam Meteorites
PO Box 26854
Tempe AZ 85285
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com
--=====================_27010864==_.ALT

Do you know if they make thin sections as well?<br>
John<br>
At 11:29 PM 2/28/02 -0500, Sharkkb8_at_aol.com wrote:<br>
meteorwrong-descriptions on ebay boast many memorable and humorous
entries over the years, but perhaps none with more earnest, compelling
simplicity than this one.&nbsp; Evidently the lucky winner of this
auction will possess one of the very first meteorites ever to be
classified by the Grandview Elementary School lab, in Washington
state.&nbsp;&nbsp; Congratulations in advance.</font> <br>
&lt;&lt;&nbsp; I wish I knew something about this meteorite but I don't,
it weighs 10.6 oz, measures 2 3/4&quot; long 2&quot; wide. It was found
in my back yard on 2 23 2002. I have no idea how it got there. I know it
was not there a few days before I found it. I had my daughter take it to
school to make sure it was a meteorite before I listed it.</font>