[meteorite-list] Fireworks from Pikes Peak - OT

From: Ginger Mayfield <chikadee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:39 2004

Happy New Year, everyone! Every year they shoot fireworks
off the top of Pikes Peak (alt. 14,110 ft) here in Colorado
at midnight on New Years Eve. I took a few pics with my
digital camera from my deck. I was about 15 miles
(estimated) from the top of the Peak. Just got them in
before clouds completely socked in the Peak for the night.
Just practicing up for that big fireball some night... :-)
Here are the links for anyone interested. Enjoy.

http://home.earthlink.net/~chikadee/newyear20021.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~chikadee/newyear20022.jpg this
one looks like a sunflower

http://home.earthlink.net/~chikadee/newyear20023.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~chikadee/newyear20024.jpg

Images taken with an Olympus C-2100 digital camera on a
tripod at 10x zoom.

Ginger