[meteorite-list] My First Piece

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

Dear Listees,
    My first meteorite was found originally by the Native Americans and then later found by my Great Grandfather. When I was about five, I
remember trying to break the Potter meteorite to see what was so special inside. Then, when 30 something taking my son of four to an unknown
site some three hours away at 1:00 - 2:00 AM to find some meteorite. Then at the first crack of light, opening the truck door after spending
the early morning freezing in my 1976 Datsun truck, without taking more than one step, bending down and saying to my son we found it (at the
original fall site; without ever being there before)!!!!
    We had rediscovered that which was discovered without any knowledge of the exact location.

Dirk Ross....Tokyo