[meteorite-list] Rép : [meteorite-list] My first meteorite

From: philippe thomas <thomasmeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

Hello all,

Ever since I was a child, I'm passionately fond of astronomy.
I acquired my first specimen (a 62g Henbury fragment) from an old
mineral shop in Annecy (France) in the early nineties. My only meteorite
for many years. After, I have built an observatory in my garden to try
high resolution astrophotography. It was a very difficult job and I
don't obtain the expected result. Then, I had read an article about
hunters of meteorites in the deserts. It was a revelation. I really want
to do the same thing!
It was a shock to go to the Sahara desert and to meet the nomads. No
traffic, no pollution, only the wonderful nature. Roll on the next trip!
I read the best part of the specialized literature and as one goes along
that my collection was enlarged, an idea comes to my mind. Why not write
a new book, a book about the most significant falls of meteorites with a
story part and a scientist part. This book will be soon published, in
french for the moment.

Best Regards,
Philippe Thomas