[meteorite-list] Fwd: suspected meteorite

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

Sorry but its not a meteorite. Meteorite don't have quartz or fossils like
the ones in the pictures on your website. If you sincerely think that they
do come from a large (10km) crater like what is stated on your website then
I sugest that you contact some local geologists so that they may search for
evidence of shock metamorphism. That plus I've never seen any meteorites
that look quite like yours. If you search the web I'm sure you'll be able
to see pictures of what a real meteorite looks like.
Best wishes,
Rhett Bourland
www.asteroidmodels.com
www.asteroidmodels.com/personal