[meteorite-list] Re: suspected meteorite

From: DiamondMeteor <DiamondMeteor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:40 2004

 Dear All;
 I was amazed how so many of you quickley gave me a negative reply. Actually
maybe it is my mistake; the site (especially the gallery) was not working
properly. And maybe I concentrated on the crystals and left out whole
samples which looks more like what is avaialable in meteorite sites.

 With all the negative replies I got so far, I STILL INSIST it is a
meteorite. It could not be anything terrestrial.

 Although I am not an expert in the field, but I am a physicist, PhD student
in Cosmology, and during the last few months I visited almost all sites
about meteorites and read a few books. I tried all pre-tests on these rocks
and they passed. Only after that I put them on the internet. So how come
most of you say these rocks do not look like meteorites at all!!! Again,
maybe it is my mistake; the site is not informative enough. Please also
excuse my poor English.

 However, I have updated the site today, and now the gallery should be
working nicely. Please revisit the site if you are interested:
 http://pages.britishlibrary.net/mhy10/meteor/index.html
 Please also try to solve with me the fossil riddle; I know it is not
possible to have such fossils in a meteorite but this is what I found.
 Do you also know what those white rocks might be.
 It also seems to me that I have more than one kind of meteorite, but all
are from the same area. Is this possible?
 Please do not ignore this letter if you can help.

 Sincerely

 Mohamed H Yousef