[meteorite-list] Re: NWA 788

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:43 2004

Hi Bernd!
I have just got your emails just as I was looking under my binocular
microscope at my specimens! And I concur, they really are fascinating -
proves to me that there is no such thing as an "ordinary chondrite"!

And what is it that I am seeing? Heavens, I really need an expert here -
right now! What are the black veins crosscutting the stone? melt? sulphides?
what are the small spherical black spheres? Again, sulphides? Oxides? I need
to understand the implications of why some chondrules appear to have large
olivine crystals in a matrix - what indeed is the matrix? and so on and so
on!
Great stuff!
dave