[meteorite-list] eBay Item # 1055542610

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:44 2004

And I quote!
"This is an uncut meteorite. (NOTE: Dealers cut the meteorites and say they
did it so YOU could see what is inside. They really cut it so THEY can see
if it is rare/valuable. They cannot tell by simply looking at the surface.)
So, this uncut meteorite may be very valuable!!?? "

so that's why you do it! And there was me, thinking that it was done to
classify the material...

--
In gentle decay,
dave