[meteorite-list] Input appreciated on meteorwrong ID

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:44 2004

------=_NextPart_000_003E_01C197A6.4598ED60

Rob and list,
I had a piece of pillow lava that looked alot like this in the =
landscaping of a house I rented many years ago. The owner of the house =
said it got the rounded eroded appearance from wave action and erosion, =
tumbling around in the sand a surf. The thumbprints he told me were from =
areas where gas was trapped as it cooled and then were exposed and =
eroded.
He may have been making it up...I do not know...what I do know is that =
it was very similar in appearance.

Nothing scientific...just an my 2 cents.

Mark M.
  ----- Original Message -----=20