AW: [meteorite-list] Opinion about strange meteorite

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:45 2004

To Dave, Michael, John, Rob, the other Dave, and every
one who helped Vincent translate "ventifact":

It's a good thing that I suggested for somebody who
can speak French to explain what a "ventifact" is to
Vincent, because it turns out that there is a French
word that is spelled like "ventifact", but it is VERY
insulting. So remember, if a French-speaking person
shows you a meteorwrong, don't say "ventifact"!

Just for the record, I do know what a ventifact is,
and I have seen many of them in my travels in the SW
US deserts. In fact, some of the ventifacts that I
have collected have been used as "viewing stones" in
suiseki and bonsai arrangements.

I am a member of The National Bonsai Foundation, and
The North American Viewing Stone Society (their
20-page color-photo newsletter "Waiting To Be
Discovered" is, in itself, a work of art). You can
find more info' on "viewing stones" at these web
sites:

http://shimagata.tripod.com/vsclass.htm

http://www.bonsai-nbf.org

Enjoy,