[meteorite-list] Gold Basin

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:45 2004

Hi Rhett and all,

Recently while cutting some Dimmitt slices I ran into a CM inclusion. It spanned four
slices! This
measured 13 mm by 12 mm by about 16 mm long. I asked Dr. Rubin if he would be
interested in the piece and he is interested in seeing a thinsection of it. I'll send
a picture file to someone who can post it on their web site for all to see
(Rhett?????).

This is truly an awesome piece and one of the reasons I think that Dimmitt is one of
the most over looked interesting meteorites of all times.

--AL