[meteorite-list] Courtesy and Patience

From: trandall_at_idsi.net <trandall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:46 2004

   Alana,
     You have to understand that Mohamed has been posting every day
about his "meteorwrongs" for quite a while now and claims without
knowledge that they are the real things. He came to the list to ask
for expert help and opinions and got EXCELLENT advice from the pros
here but he just flat out refuses to heed it. Advice from people who
eat, sleep and breath meteorites. He needs to learn that the common
field tests for meteorites are not the last word but a start.
Suspected meteorites need to be tested by a meteoritical lab for
absolute verification. What he needs to do is buy every book on
meteorites he can find and STUDY THEM. Getting a good book on rocks
and minerals is also a very good idea. You just do not go out in your
neighborhood and find Lunar meteorites, I should say not normally
anyway! Earth has a LOT of very wonderful and interesting rocks and
minerals in it but meteorites are not like any one of them. Their
structure and composition are different. I've only been studying and
collecting meteorites since 1988 so I'm certainly no expert yet and
I'm ALWAYS learning something about these wonderful "rocks from
space". Mohamed has a lot to learn yet but that's o.k., that's part
of what this list is all about.

   The folks on this list are absolutely fantastic people and provide
TONS of help and information but even they can only take just so much.

The folks here will GLADLY answer any question you may have so please
feel free to join us and ask away. They are a great bunch of folks
here.

Regards,
Tom Randall
www.idsi.net/~trandall/welcome.html