[meteorite-list] Courtesy and Patience

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:46 2004

Alana,
The nasty you see from the regulars is due to this DiamondMeteor fella not
having a clue or taking a hint. Please do not let that stop you from
searching and posting your finds.

IF you go back a few weeks when his posts started you will see alot of
kindness, courtesy and patience. He kinda wore that out by his insistance
that all of those kind people were wrong.

I have been on this list for only 18 months, nowhere near as long as some,
but long enough to know there are some REAL experts here...not only in
meteorites, but many fields..Earthly and otherwise. Some work at Nasa, JPL,
others at universities, some are just regular folks with a great deal of
knowledge aquired at the School of Hard Knocks.

Mohamed is very enthusiatic, but also not willing to learn from others and
not even willing to believe that others may know what they are saying. The
odds of anyone finding a meteorite are very slim...The odds of him finding
them everyday are astronomical...the odds of him finding Lunar meteorites
are not even calculatable.
One of the people on this list did find a Lunar meteorite this past
year...inquire about that find and those on this list will all tell you it
was outstanding luck, cost him a fortune in the process and was done by
knowing where to look to increase his odds and did not happen in the first
attempts at finding meteorites.

This list has been harsh to him and others at times...but most all have
asked for it with their own ignorance....I am sure you will NOT encounter
any of that.

My two cents...Mark M.