[meteorite-list] Meteor Crater Guide(?)

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:47 2004

--part1_f.21390452.297796a0_boundary

Hello members,

Since my e-mail is working again (thank you Ron and Ray for answering) let m=
e=20
try again to send the e-mail that got lost a couple days ago:
__________________________________________________________________-

Hello members,

I spent this last weekend at a small local mineral show, selling a few=20
meteorites, and answering a lot of questions.

A gentleman came and told me this:
He is a teacher and took his family to Meteor Crater last summer. There were=
=20
quite a few visitors, and someone asked the guide on duty: =A0" Are meteorit=
es=20
radioactive?" =A0The guide answered without hesitation: " Yes, most of them=20
are." Then someone else asked "How about the meteorites in the gift shop?"=20
=A0Again he answered "Most of those are radioactive too."
This surprised him so he wanted to verify and asked me, and I did my best to=
=20
explain that No! They are not radioactive! =A0=A0I think I convinced him.

Now, I was wondering if some List-members who live in that area (Steve=20
Schoner or Dave Andrews for instance) would be willing to go check this out.=
=20
And maybe teach that guide a few meteoritical things.

No wonder the public is so misinformed!!!!!=20

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com

--part1_f.21390452.297796a0_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hello members,
<BR>
<BR>Since my e-mail is working again (thank you Ron and Ray for answering) l=
et me try again to send the e-mail that got lost a couple days ago:
<BR>__________________________________________________________________-
<BR>
<BR>
<BR>Hello members,
<BR>
<BR>I spent this last weekend at a small local mineral show, selling a few m=
eteorites, and answering a lot of questions.
<BR>
<BR>A gentleman came and told me this:
<BR>He is a teacher and took his family to Meteor Crater last summer. There=20=
were quite a few visitors, and someone asked the guide on duty: =A0" Are met=
eorites radioactive?" =A0The guide answered without hesitation: " Yes, most=20=
of them are." Then someone else asked "How about the meteorites in the gift=20=
shop?" =A0Again he answered "Most of those are radioactive too."
<BR>This surprised him so he wanted to verify and asked me, and I did my bes=
t to explain that No! They are not radioactive! =A0=A0I think I convinced hi=
m.
<BR>
<BR>Now, I was wondering if some List-members who live in that area (Steve S=
choner or Dave Andrews for instance) would be willing to go check this out.=20=
And maybe teach that guide a few meteoritical things.
<BR>
<BR>No wonder the public is so misinformed!!!!!=20
<BR>
<BR>Anne Black
<BR>IMCA #2356
<BR>www.IMPACTIKA.com
<BR>e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_f.21390452.297796a0_boundary--