[meteorite-list] CR2s a temporary bargain

From: David Gregory <gregoryd_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:48 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C1A08A.837330E0

Dear List

     I am one of about 4 dealers who bought up CR2s in Morroco.We all =
shared our good fortune with friends, collectors and Ebay buyers.This =
however was a very temporary opportunity which will never be seen again. =
Dean Bessy allowed collectors for a once in a lifetime chance at letting =
them have CR2s at $23 a gram. People who would never have dreamed one =
year ago at such an opportunity, now proudly display their CR2s and are =
expanding their collections.He will sell out at Tucson leaving only =
three of us with the lion's share of this find. The strewn field is =
small and totally worked over.Those of us left will never after Tucson =
let this rare material sell for under $100 a gram.I probably control =
half of the fall and will personally keep or donate it to the Royal =
Ontario Museum in Toronto , Canada. [ about4,000+ grams]. Thus supply =
and demand kick in and those that have it are in no hurry to sell it at =
low prices after Feb. 2002. For those that bought CR2s from Dean, =
Congratulations on the great deal. For those who didn't it's highly =
unlikely you will ever be offered this gift again, which was more of a =
temporary parntnership to help offset Deans investment.Dean has done =
well by buying from the source and adding a bit of a mark up. He is =
providing material today that we could only have dreamed of a year ago =
at affordable prices. He has helped to expand the base of our collecting =
community and is an asset to us.Those who bought in the past at high =
prices should not worry. The material is limited and will continue to =
sell to high prices in the future. Best regards David Gregory=20

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C1A08A.837330E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dear List</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I am one of =
about 4=20
dealers who bought up CR2s in Morroco.We all shared our good fortune =
with=20
friends, collectors and Ebay buyers.This however was a very temporary=20
opportunity which will never be seen again. Dean Bessy allowed =
collectors for a=20
once in a lifetime chance at letting them have CR2s at $23 a gram. =
People who=20
would never have dreamed one year ago at such an opportunity, now =
proudly=20
display their CR2s and are expanding their collections.He will sell out =
at=20
Tucson leaving only three of us with the lion's share of this find. The =
strewn=20
field is small and totally worked over.Those of us left will never after =
Tucson=20
let this rare material sell for under $100 a gram.I probably control =
half of the=20
fall and will personally keep or donate it to the Royal Ontario Museum =
in=20
Toronto , Canada. [ about4,000+ grams]. Thus supply and demand kick in =
and those=20
that have it are in no hurry to sell it at low prices after Feb. 2002. =
For those=20
that bought CR2s from Dean, Congratulations on the great deal. For those =
who=20
didn't it's highly unlikely you will ever be offered this gift again, =
which was=20
more of a temporary parntnership to help offset Deans investment.Dean =
has done=20
well by buying from the source and&nbsp;adding a bit of a mark up. He is =

providing material today that we could only have&nbsp;dreamed of a year =
ago at=20
affordable prices. He has helped to expand the base of our collecting =
community=20
and is an asset to us.Those who bought in the past at high prices should =
not=20
worry. The material is limited and will continue to sell to high prices =
in the=20
future. Best regards David&nbsp;Gregory&nbsp;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0070_01C1A08A.837330E0--