[meteorite-list] Togetherness is next to Dogliness

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:49 2004

Open letter to Ron Baalke, Dog Devotee:

If you can come up with an idea on how the two of us, combining my uncanny
layman's ability to gather mountains of eye-blurring, brain-numbing data,
refining it to its purest essence of truth, with your professional skill at
instantaneously transferring space-related news to this message board
(general pause here to light a delightful Cuban cigar, an "Esplendido",
purchased in the Dominican) can resolve the truth to this legend, tell me
what exactly you propose that we do together, here on the list for all to
enjoy. Really, come up with a plan that's science, and not science fiction,
and let's work together.

Meanwhile, the original "Nakhla" article is posted on Dave Weirs website
http://www.geocities.com/~dweir/ for those who care to review the full
proofs I offered. You'll find the "Tale of the Dog" towards the very end of
the article.

For the record, I believe a valid investigation looks at what people said,
what people did, what physical evidence exists to support a claim. I don't
believe it's in anyone's interest to claim that something "might have
happened" because of an alleged act of omission.

I might have been a baseball player if I had learned to pitch. Hence, no one
really knows if I'm a baseball player.

As far as your speculation that the meteorite presented by the farmer to the
journalist-the one the farmer claimed left the dog "like
ashes/killed/maimed/raped/annoyed" - came from Denshal, 30 or so kms. from a
5km strewnfield - I will add this "Pawn to King's Bishop's Pawn -check"
speculation........

He brought the meteorite with him from the distant strewnfield. He had time
for a travel day. I didn't write this in the "Meteorite" feature because
there's no proof. It is possible though, right?

I'm very uncomfortable with your insistance with ignoring all of the
investigations done by professional people in the field, but when the
illiterate farmer gets the day wrong, you find reasons that "that's OK." Why
are some parts that are translated OK, but others not? There's no dog in
sight, but that's OK, too. And don't worry about the fact that no one else
saw a dog, that's OK, too. But if I say that the celebrity-seeking farmer
brought the stone from far away, what is your response to that speculation?
Please tell me.

Ultimately, I'm honored that you chose me as your life long adversary. I will
try to be worthy. But I'm still waiting for proof from you that a dog was hit
by a meteorite. I didn't read any in your summary.

(Playing Devil's (sic) advocate) - Maybe the word "dog" was mistranslated.
Maybe "God" was hit by a meteorite. No one's seen him/her either, and we all
believe..........

"A woman is just a woman, but a good cigar is a smoke" - E.Hemingway

That's the truth!

So what do you propose we do together, Ron?

Meanwhile, it's been awhile since we discussed a lunar origin for
tektites........

Kevin Kichinka