[meteorite-list] Meteorite Find Would Be Out Of This World

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:50 2004

--part1_41.171f4852.297f09dd_boundary

In a message dated 1/22/02 12:05:12 PM Central Standard Time,
mmorgan_at_mhmeteorites.com writes:

> Just wondering...is it physically possible to have a one-ton Lunarite?? If
> it was ejected from the moon that is...I am no physicist, but that would
> have to be one helluva impact!
> Matt

Matt,

A couple of years back talked with one of the Lunar researchers at Washington
University at St. Louis about that, and he said there is a limit as to how
big of a piece could have gotten off the Moon, and it is pretty small. As I
recall, he said the limit would be only a couple of Kilograms. He said there
has been some debate on the topic, I will check with him again and see if
anything has been written up on it.

Steve Arnold
www.meteoritebroker.com

--part1_41.171f4852.297f09dd_boundary