[meteorite-list] NAKHLA TODAY vol.3, #101

From: Ron Baalke <baalke_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:50 2004

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to point out that this last message Kevin is a fabricated
dialogue by Kevin. It never took place. I am profusefly quoted in the dialoque,
most of which I never actually said. It is unfortunate that Kevin has to resort
to such tactics.

Anyway, my main point is that the Nakhla dog story cannot be discounted, but
the story cannot be confirmed either.
Bear in mind, that without the report of the dog
story, the Nakhla meteorite would have never been recovered and would have
been lost forever. I've been playing devil's advocate to Kevin's views on this,
but I'm actually neutral on the topic. It would be nice to get closure on this
either way. In my own research efforts, I have found it is difficult to track
down a story that happened over 90 years ago in a remote part of Egypt.
But for now, the dead dog lives on.

Ron Baalke