[meteorite-list] Good v.Bad

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:51 2004

At 12:57 PM 1/25/02 -0800, Ron Baalke wrote:
> > "Nakhla dog" on the website he administers for NASA. He offered two
> different
> > versions for my review. One was the status quo and totally unacceptable to
> > me, the other was less ambiguous and I suggested changing a couple of
> words.
>
>I've have this on my website
>
> A rain of 40 stones fell from the sky in 1911 near Nakhla in
> Egypt. The falls were
> preceded by an appearance of a cloud and detonations, frightening local
> residents.
> There is an eyewitness account that one of the fragments hit a
> dog. Attempts
> to authenticate the dog story have been inconclusive thus far.
> The stones from this meteorite fall ranged in size from 20g to 1813g,
> and it is estimated a total weight of 10kg (22 pounds) had fallen.
>
>Kevin finds these statements unacceptable. He is entitled to his opinion.
>These statements are accurate, concise and to the point. I see no reason
>to change them.
>
>Ron Baalke

Hi Folks,

If someone is going to start counting votes, mark me down a "yes" - Ron's
statement on his website is acceptable.

I'm sure that many of you will agree, that even though the attempt to
authenticate the dog story is inconclusive at this point, we can accept
the idea that it may become conclusive at some point in the future.

Sounds fair to me.

John Gwilliam