[meteorite-list] Direct Detection of VLF EMR Produced by Fireballs

From: joeeval_at_excite.com <joeeval_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:55:52 2004

Simon and List,<br /> <br />
The Inspire Project was mentioned to me by a couple professors at the University of Florida's radio observatory while we were discussing "listening" to last Fall's leonids. Unfortunately, they didn't have the receiver up and running during the shower so I don't know how it performs. I am working on a design of my own, but will probably scrub it and just order the kit. Go to the "Order the Receiver" link or just go straight to:<br /> <br />
http://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/inspire/orderform.html<br /> <br />
I would enjoy yours or anyone else's feedback if you are able to get one of these puppies to pick up a meteor. I imagine that you would have to live pretty far from any electronic interference (hair dryers, power lines, etc.) to "hear" one. And forget it if there's a thunderstorm around.<br /> <br />
Warren Zwanka<br /> <br />
--- On Jan 27, 2002, Simon de Boer <sbdeboer_at_wightman.ca> wrote:<br /> <br />