[meteorite-list] Australian Meteorites

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:04 2004

G'day Walter & List,

Norbert gave a great answer on this and I have also heard recently from a
large Australian mineral/gem dealer that there has been a crack-down on
meteorites from the states of Western Australia and Northern Territory. I'm
not sure on the extent of the crack-down, but I think in the coming years
you will find it more and more difficult to obtain meteorite specimens from
these states. Maybe other states will also follow??? A shame for collectors
when you think of some of the great meteorites like Millbillillie, Bencubbin
and Mount Egerton to mention a few. Let's not forget also where one of the
great "meteorite machines" is located. The Nullabor Plain is mostly across
Western Australia!

Hold on to those Aussie meteorites cause you never know,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085
www.meteoritesaustralia.com