[meteorite-list] nwa869

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:05 2004

>Does anyone know the tkw for nwa869?
>Thanks,
>Rex
I had just over 500 kilos and I have another 70 kilos in morocco so I went
through around 600 kilos of NWA869 myself. I have 50 or 60 kilos here now
and so I still have well over 100 kilos from the original 600 that I
originally had. Other dealers have more including some that are obviously
from the same fall but sold as something different because of a belief that
some samples are much better than the L5 classification that will appear in
the meteoritical bulletin. The inclusion like things are fairly rare so I
can see it being missed during classification if the sample that was used to
make the thin section never had one of the inclusions. Look at this photo:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-nwa869b.jpg
The bottom half is typical NWA869 but the top part looks like a totally
different meteorite. This one dont show it but many samples have what appear
to be black or whitish inclusions.
I am going travelling next week but I can send a kilo of uncut specimens to
anybody who paypals me $200 over the weekend. For $230 I will cut the kilo
of specimens in two or for $300 a kilo I will cut you 40 to 60 gram (On
Average) slices (And of course the two endpieces per stone). No guarantees
of anything unusual but I will send you a photo of the uncut specimens as
they looked before I cut them so that I cant cherry pick them and decide
after I cut them which ones to send you - so you would have as much a chance
to get the inclusion looking things as if you cut them yourself.
Just paypal me if you want them as I have plenty to fill any orders. I will
cover postage to the US (which cost $11) but other countries add $15 for
postage (Which cost about $26 to $28 so I am getting the same price no
matter where they are being sent)
Cheers
DEAN
You dont have to go to NASA to get a Rock from outer space. Or even from the
Planet Mars or the Moon. You just have to visit the Meteorite Shop.
www.meteoriteshop.com