[meteorite-list] NWA889

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:06 2004

Hello all

NWA 900 is not classificated, this is in the Mainz,
Germany, laboratory and is under analysis.
Prof.Rochette have write the classification of the NWA
075 no official number, is not the NWA 900 visible in
the Norton Book.
Regards

Matteo

--- John Divelbiss <j.divelbiss_at_worldnet.att.net>
wrote:
> Pierre and Rob,
>
> Thank you for responses about NWA 900 and 995. Melt,
> and not carbonacous for
> 900...that is cool too...since I really like melts.
> We all look forward to
> more information on these. (Matteo...do you still
> think you have seen
> achondrite clasts?...in another slice maybe?
>
> Question...has anyone suggested the same(achondrite
> clasts) for 869? That, I
> have not heard of.
>
> Greg and Adam...are you out there? What is the
> status on the "collection in
> a slice", or NWA 904?
>
> Now I'm (pretty) sure there are achondrite clasts in
> the 904 slice I
> have...but if I've learned anything is that we
> should wait for the analysis.
>
> John
>
> PS Side note...my thin section of 869 from Jeff
> Rowell looks like I have an
> L3+ something clast in a L5 or L6 matrix. Probably
> the slice is a brecciated
> chunk of L6 clast with a chunk of L3+ matrix in the
> middle. See how we get
> turned around. (Al...I used criteria 7 and 8 from
> page 87 of the "Norton
> Encyclopedia" to come up with my own
> classification). This is kind of
> fun...but I'll stick to engineering.
>
> PSS Dean...by the way, you do have the best buy out
> there!

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/