[meteorite-list] HELP PLEASE

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:06 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3109176530_1569278_MIME_Part

Hi Steve,
   My guess is this guy is NOT an IMCA member. I would suggest you buy
only from members of IMCA or other known, established dealers - PERIOD.
   Best wishes, Michael

on 7/10/02 6:09 PM, meteorite1.com at capricorn89_at_earthlink.net wrote:

Steve inquired: <<> Hi list. I have a problem, and I do not no what to do. I
bought a
> meteorite slice from WWW.METEORS.COM <http://www.METEORS.COM> in Texas. That
was almost 4 weeks
> ago. I've called, e-mailed these people and nothing.My meteorite slice was
> payed for already, but so far nothing. Could someone give me advice? The
> person in charge is DUANE PENSHORE.Let me know!>>

Hello Steve from Chicago,

I'm going only by memory as the name sounds familiar. I believe I remember
selling him two Nadiabondi slices in 1999. Since it was a telephone order
it was completed off-line and is not in my computer database, and those
records are filed away and too difficult to research for this. I remember
that he was a student and I believe Texas was the location, if it is the
same person. I think it was. That is not a common name. I have seen the
Meteor website advertising premium specimens but I was not personally
impressed with the offerings. When I spoke to him he seemed nice, and
apparently responsible. I note that the website seems to be updated only to
March, so maybe something happened. That's all I can add to this.

I suggest that you contact the credit card company (or bank, as applicable)
and cancel the transaction before the opportunity expires, often a month.
Ron
R. N. Hartman
METEORITES and MEMBRANE SUSPENSION BOXES

rnh_at_meteorite1.com
www.meteorite1.com

order_at_membranebox.com
<mailto:order_at_membranebox.coom> www.membranebox.com
<http://www.membramebox.com/>

Mailing address:
The R. N. Hartman Collection METEORITES
P.O. Box 94
Walnut, CA 91788-0094 (U.S.)

> Hi list. I have a problem, and I do not no what to do. I bought a
> meteorite slice from WWW.METEORS.COM <http://www.meteors.com/> in Texas. That
was almost 4 weeks
> ago. I've called, e-mailed these people and nothing.My meteorite slice was
> payed for already, but so far nothing. Could someone give me advice? The
> person in charge is DUANE PENSHORE.Let me know!
>
> =====
> Steve R.Arnold, Chicago, IL, 60120
> I. M. C. A. MEMBER #6728
> The Midwest Meteorite Collector!
> Collecting Meteorites since,June, 1999!!!

"Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things."
-- Dan Quayle, 11/30/88
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satalite:
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg
-    Earth - variety of choices:
http://www.fourmilab.ch/earthview/vplanet.html
--
FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/iZp8OC/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/jFYolB/TM
--
Michael Blood Meteorites, Didgeridoos & Insects in Amber for sale at:
http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com/

 &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Best wishes, Michael<BR>
<BR>
on 7/10/02 6:09 PM, meteorite1.com at capricorn89_at_earthlink.net wrote:<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE>Steve inquired: &lt;&lt;&gt; Hi list. I have a problem, and I d=
o not no what to do. I bought a<BR>
&gt; meteorite slice from WWW.METEORS.COM &lt;http://www.METEORS.COM&gt; &n=
bsp;in Texas. That was almost 4 weeks<BR>
&gt; ago. I've called, e-mailed these people and nothing.My meteorite slice=
 was<BR>
&gt; payed for already, but so far nothing. Could someone give me advice? T=
he<BR>
&gt; person in charge is DUANE PENSHORE.Let me know!&gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
Hello Steve from Chicago,<BR>
 <BR>
I'm going only by memory as the name sounds familiar. &nbsp;I believe I rem=
ember selling him two Nadiabondi slices in 1999. &nbsp;Since it was a teleph=
one order it was completed off-line and is not in my computer database, and =
those records are filed away and too difficult to research for this. &nbsp;I=
 remember that he was a student and I believe Texas was the location, if it =
is the same person. &nbsp;I think it was. &nbsp;That is not a common name. &=
nbsp;I have seen the Meteor website advertising premium specimens but I was =
not personally impressed with the offerings. &nbsp;When I spoke to him he se=
emed nice, and apparently responsible. &nbsp;I note that the website seems t=
o be updated only to March, so maybe something happened. &nbsp;That's all I =
can add to this.<BR>
 <BR>
I suggest that you contact the credit card company (or bank, as applicable)=
 and cancel the transaction before the opportunity expires, often a month.<B=

<FONT SIZE=3D"4"><FONT FACE=3D"Lucida Handwriting"><B>Ron<BR>
</B></FONT></FONT><FONT SIZE=3D"1"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">R. N. Hartman<BR>
METEORITES and MEMBRANE SUSPENSION BOXES</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">rnh_at_meteorite1.com<BR>
www.meteorite1.com</FONT></FONT> <BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">order_at_membranebox.com<BR>
 &lt;mailto:order_at_membranebox.coom&gt; www.membranebox.com &lt;http://www.m=
embramebox.com/&gt; <BR>
</FONT></FONT><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"1"><FONT FACE=3D"Arial">Mailing address:<BR>
The R. N. Hartman Collection METEORITES<BR>
P.O. Box 94<BR>
Walnut, CA 91788-0094 (U.S.)</FONT> <BR>
 <BR>
----- Original Message ----- <BR>