[meteorite-list] Ghostly Asteroids Clue To Missing Matter

From: Starbits_at_aol.com <Starbits_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:09 2004

I have to say I really love reading this type of
announcement. I especially love those with invisible
matter. I like to dissect them to see if they have
a consistent world view and where they are illogical.
It is a good thinking exercise and a heck of a lot of fun.

In this case I have no doubt that, as physicists describe
particles, they have a handedness that favors the left or
that there is a mathematical theory that postulates the
possible existence of mirror particles or that CERN
would be doing an experiment connected with the
existence of such particles. I have no knowledge of any
of this, but see no reason to doubt it as part of my
thinking exercise. It is only in the application that
things get a little hocus pocus.

< "If mirror matter exists, then there should exist also
mirror stars, mirror planets, even mirror life. >

This is where those invisible childhood friends come from. :-)

  <"Most tantalysing of all, is evidence that our planet is
frequently bombarded by asteroids made of mirror matter,
causing puzzling events such as the devastating Siberian
explosion in 1908 and similar, but smaller recent events in
Jordan and Spain," he says. >

Absence of evidence is not the same as evidence of
absence. In other words a lack of evidence of an
ordinary matter impact at Tunguska is not evidence
of a mirror matter object. There is NO evidence of a
mirror matter object.

< some US scientists recently did some modelling and
number crunching to determine the fate of the missing
comets. They came to the striking conclusion that the
number of dormant comets or asteroids being discovered
is far too low to accommodate the predicted number -
about 100 times too low. So where did they go?>

Well let's see, option 1 is that modeling is an imperfect
science based upon the most recent but still incomplete
knowledge. It incorporates the modeler's biases about
which vectors are important and which are not included
because they are unimportant or cannot be modeled
because of hardware or software limitations or are
unknown to the modeler. They suggest a possibility, but
don't define reality.
Option 2 is 99% of comets are made of invisible matter
and that is why we don't see them.

<Dr Foot says there is a good case for these missing comets
to be made of mirror matter.>

Dang! I was sure it was going to be option 1.

<In Jordan, April 2001, 100 witnesses on their way to a
funeral watched a ball of light streak across the sky at
low altitude, break into two, and then slam into a hill about
one kilometre away. Again, local astronomers found neither
a crater nor evidence of a meteorite; just a patch of
scorched earth and burnt trees.>

Just like a ball lightning strike.

<"These events cannot be explained in terms of a
space-body made of ordinary matter.>

A quick internet search will provide ample evidence that
these events "CAN" be explained in terms of ordinary matter.

<If the Jordan space-body was made of
  ordinary matter it should have lit up a large part of the
  Middle East. This was not observed," says Foot.>

Hmmmm!! No big bright light in Jordan so it is not ordinary
matter, it is invisible matter. Big bright light in Tunguska
and it is still not ordinary matter it is invisible matter. Where is the consistency?

  <It is thought that ordinary particles, for example,
photons (light particles), cannot interact or couple with
mirror particles directly.>

Ok so if I take a ball of mirror matter and whack it with a
bat then nothing happens to the mirror matter, the bat
passes through untouched.

<Theory predicts, however that mirror particles have a mass.
This means one force that does act on both is gravity, which
means we should be able to detect this effect>

Ah hah so they do "directly" affect each other, but only for attraction.

<Another is the possibility of new forces connecting
  ordinary and mirror matter. Foot has calculated this
force, should it exist, is sufficient to allow interactions
between ordinary particles and those of a mirror asteroid
entering the Earth's atmosphere.>

Oops to explain Tunguska we need another interaction too.
It cannot interact, except it does, if needed to prove the theory.

<These interactions could allow heat to build up within the
  mirror body, causing it to explode.>

Interesting since heat does not build up in ordinary meteors,
it rarely penetrates more than a few millimeters. Breakups
are caused by the stress forces generated by trying to push
an object through the atmosphere faster than the atmosphere
can move out of the way. When the shear forces exceed the
shear strength of the object it comes apart. Since the listed causative agent for the explosions is incorrect how valid are the calculations?

<It would also make the mirror body visible.>

I find this curious, now you see it now you don't. It is
almost as if it was thrown it to explain meteor trails by
someone who didn't realize that it was the atmosphere that
glowed not the meteor itself.

<If the events of Tunguska and Jordan are
  the results of mirror space-bodies, then tonnes of mirror
  matter might lie hidden just below the surface of these
sites, waiting to be found. Nobody has looked," says Foot>

 Why "hidden" below the surface? Why not on the surface?
Or if there is no interaction with ordinary matter why not
just gravitationally attracted straight to the earth's core. Nothing to hold it up without interaction unless it is
forbidden to occupy the same space as ordinary matter. Of
course then a chunk in a puddle would appear as a hole in
the water. Maybe that is why it is "hidden" below the
surface. The statement that nobody has looked for tons
of invisible matter was really funny. "Yes sir professor
I looked and I didn't see any so it must be there."

On a more serious note I believe in mirror matter because
I have a mirror matter meteorite. Every once in a while it
falls off the shelf and since I can't see it I wind up kicking it and smashing my big toe. If any body wants a piece I will be happy to chip some off and sell it for $100,000/gm - they are hard to find you know. Just be careful when you open the package because it might slip out and you wouldn't be able to find it. ;-))

Eric Olson
http://www.star-bits.com