[meteorite-list] Making Micromount Meteorites

From: Walter Branch <branchw_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:11 2004

------=_NextPart_000_012E_01C2360F.6BE3DD60

Hello Everyone,

Okay, the server problem is now resolved and I am "back in business."

As I stated yesterday, I have added a page to my site that basically =
shows how I go about making micromount meteorites for sale and trade. I =
have received a lot of questions along these lines lately, as a result =
of the free Sudburys I gave away about a week ago, which is really what =
I had intended (interest in micromounts, that is).

The page has 17 images so it is a bit slow to load (sorry) so unless you =
have a high speed connection you might want to start the page, go get =
some coffee, read the newspapaer, etc. then come back to the computer =
:-)

This is how I do it and this page is intended for novices and persons =
new to the hobby or someone who has never used a lapidary saw. Others =
may do it differently and with different materials but his way seems to =
work for me. I would encourage anyone who has an interest to "go for =
it," start slicing, and lets trade micromounts.

I am sure I will receive some "I can't believe you use this or do it =
this way" type email, but the way I see it, the more people make =
micromounts, the more opportunities I have to trade with others and the =
lower the cost will be when buying and selling them, due to increased =
competition. Competition among dealers and sellers is something this =
hobby really needs as the present time (just my opinion).

If any of you "old pros" feel I have left out a step or something could =
be explained in more detail, please let me know.=20

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

-Walter

Walter Branch, Ph.D.
Branch Meteorites
322 Stephenson Ave., Suite B
Savannah, GA 31405 USA
www.branchmeteorites.com

------=_NextPart_000_012E_01C2360F.6BE3DD60

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello Everyone,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Okay, the server problem&nbsp;is now =
resolved and I=20
am "back in business."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As I stated yesterday, I have added a =
page to my=20
site&nbsp;that basically shows how I go about making micromount =
meteorites for=20
sale and trade.&nbsp; I have received a lot of questions along these =
lines=20
lately, as a result of the free Sudburys I gave away about a week ago, =
which is=20
really what I had intended (interest in micromounts, that =
is).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The page has 17 images so it is a bit =
slow to load=20
(sorry) so unless you have a high speed connection you might want to =
start the=20
page, go get some coffee, read the newspapaer, etc. then come back to =
the=20
computer :-)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is how I do it and this page is =
intended for=20
novices and persons new to the hobby or someone who has never used a =
lapidary=20
saw.&nbsp; Others may do it differently and with different materials but =
his=20
way&nbsp;seems to work for me.&nbsp; I would encourage anyone who has an =

interest to "go&nbsp;for it," start slicing, and lets trade=20
micromounts.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am sure I will receive some "I can't =
believe you=20
use this or do it this way" type email, but the way I see it, the more =
people=20
make micromounts, the more opportunities I have to trade with others and =
the=20
lower the cost will be when buying and selling them, due to increased=20
competition.&nbsp; Competition among dealers and sellers is something =
this hobby=20
really needs as the present time (just my opinion).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>If any of you "old pros" feel I have =
left out a=20
step or something&nbsp;could be explained in more detail, please let me=20
know.</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Enjoy the rest of the =
weekend.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-Walter</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial=20
Branch,=20
Ph.D.<BR>Branch Meteorites<BR>322 Stephenson Ave., Suite B<BR>Savannah, =
GA&nbsp;=20
31405 USA<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.branchmeteorites.com">www.branchmeteorites.com</A></FO=