[meteorite-list] meteorite science discussion list

From: Robert & Wendi Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:11 2004

"Several times I have thought of starting a little secondary list with the
purpose of taking a section from books or abstracts or other articles
and breaking them down at the tedious level of the underlying science and
concepts and vocabulary until everyone actually understood not only the
words but the concepts behind them and expressed by them... even if it had
to be done one sentence at a time.
That's not the sort of thing most people are interested in, but it
fascinates me.
-Robert Beauford : )"

After I wrote this the other day, several people expressed interest in
having a specialized list devoted just to learning about the science of
meteoritics, so I've done it. The list is called meteoritics, and is hosted
on Yahoo.
The subscribe address for the list is:
 meteoritics-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com
The description of the list is: Meteoritics, meteorites, meteorites and
their parent objects, planetary geology, and lunar and planetary science as
it relates to meteorites and meteoritics. Not a sales or gossip list. No
religion. No politics. No flames. No sales lists or advertisements.
No sales industry policing. Be polite, be professional, be kind or be gone.
This list has been created to provide a forum for anyone who wants to
discuss and learn about meteorites from a scientific standpoint at any level
of expertise. The tone will be academic and scientific in nature. So that
we can all enjoy ourselves, individuals who flame, preach, or persist in an
argumentitive attitude will be removed without notice or comment. Lesser
offenses such as non-topical gossip will be commented on prior to removal so
that we don't lose any pleasant people who are just having an odd day.
On topic humor and occasional good natured or generous hearted asides and
digressions are just fine.
-Robert Beauford : )