[meteorite-list] Re: NASA Scientists Call British Media's Asteroid Hype Unethical Rubbish

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:11 2004

Ron posted:

>Asteroid 2002 NT7 was discovered July 9 and last week was determined by NASA
>to have six chances in a million of hitting Earth on Feb. 1, 2019.

What excellent timing!

As our many Tucson party-going friends well know, Feb. 1 is "the
original" Steve Arnold's birthday and mine. Just wait 'til you see
what we have planned for the 2019 event : )

I think a fancy dress party with crash helmets is in order. We will
also, of course, be screening "Armageddon, " "Deep Impact," and
"Meteor."

Regards,

Geoff N.