[meteorite-list] Whatsit

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:12 2004

Dear Masters of Whatsit;
I believe it is an iron mineralization of sandstone cobble. The pock
marks are where hot Sun and cold frost has popped out small parts (or
spots are where a strong acid rain shower or hail storm hit it). The
obvious fusion crust-like effect is from the oxidized iron
mineralization of the sandstone.
Either that, or its a rounded piece of casting sand from an engine block
casting factory. It too will have the iron mineralization and the sand
would also be the yellow-tan color. A shoddy imitation.
Best Whatsit's to you,
Dave Freeman