[meteorite-list] Breaking News: The "Neuschwanstein" Meteorite

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:00:12 2004

July 30, 2002

Greetings Mr. Thomas Kurtz and Arduous Meteorite
Hunters everywhere!

Stupendous! Amazing! Magnificent! Extraordinary!

Please accept my personal congratulations from one
meteorite hunter to another! Of course you probably
know, your team has just made meteoritic history. To
be honest with you, I was tempted to send you a letter
of encouragement, but I suppose that is not necessary
anymore!

If I remember correctly, the report you had linked to
indicated that the specimen found was very magnetic.
With that in mind, I would test your meteorite to see
just how strongly it will attract magnets and
respond to a good metal detector. If the results are
strong, use them to search for others!

Long (and wide) strewn fields, and Godspeed on your
hunting!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA

--- Thomas Kurtz <thomas.kurtz_at_stud.fh-hannover.de>
wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> The first piece is 1750g big ! It was found on
> 14.7.2002 , 6 km SO from "Neuschwanstein"-castle !
> Very nice individual and very fresh !
>
> Look this Link for picture :

http://www.wetteragentur.de/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=10556&
mode=&order=0