[meteorite-list] Ebay Fraud Drama!

From: Rhett Bourland <rbourlan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:30 2004

Don't worry about that. There's a short list of people who, despite their
previous dumb moves, I'm hoping would have the good sense to not even bother
applying to the IMCA. This person is obviously one of them. If for nothing
else, the idiotic threatening of law suits.
Actually, just the threat of lawsuits makes me cringe and from everything
I've seen the only people who even mention them don't have a leg to stand on
and only use them as a scare tactic (much as "Colin" here has) because they
have no hope of actually being right. I've also heard of certain people
either being sued, or at least coming close, for telling certain people that
their rocks are not meteorites and those people I try to avoid at all
possible cost. If any of you have been the target of such a thing would you
please email me off list? I don't want myself, and by extension the IMCA,
to have to deal with an idiot with more money than brains who is wanting to
join but won't be allowed for the obvious reasons. All replies will be
confidential and will be used only so I'll know who to watch out for.
Thank you,
Rhett Bourland
www.asteroidmodels.com
www.asteroidmodels.com/personal