[meteorite-list] Bencubbin.

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:31 2004

G'day List,

I've just received a fantastic slice of Bencubbin from Mike Farmer. Thanks
Mike. It totally flipped my mind. It looks just like an Iron; except it's
not. I was wondering if many others on this list have a piece of Bencubbin
and how they go about storing it. Can it be cleaned, treated etc, like an
iron? Or is it more fragile and unforgiving? Apparently it can oxidise
relatively easily, so what is the best way to prevent and treat it when it
appears? I would appreciate any advice or personal experiences from others
about this weird and wonderful meteorite.

Thanks again,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085
www.meteoritesaustralia.com