[meteorite-list] TV Documentary with Iwan and Wolodia

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:32 2004

Hello All!

I am just back from watching a documentary with and about Iwan
and Wolodia that was aired on our German pay-TV channel "Planet"
tonight. I felt like salivating when I saw Iwan and Wolodia
hunting and finding Chinga pieces up to 15 kg with their metal
detectors.

There were pictures of huge Sikhote-Alin blocks at the Russian
Academy of Sciences, showpieces from their collections (for example
a perfectly oriented Pervomaisky stone which looks exactly like
Bob Haag's Venus stone :-)

There were pictures from Kulik's expedition, Soviet soldiers digging
up Sikhote Alin meteorites weighing up to 600 kg, Soviet and American
meteoriticists, and lots of members of this list at one of the recent
Tucson Shows:

Marvin Kilgore, Fred Hall, Twink, the Nortons, Michael Blood (assisted
by Dean Bessey), Donald o'Keefe, Alain Carion, Anne Black, one of the
Labennes, and many, many more ...

The documentary will be aired once more:

1) Tuesday night at 21:35 MESZ
2) Thursday night at 01:00 MESZ
3) Thursday night at 22:20 MESZ
4) Saturday night at 00:40 MESZ

Title: Auf der Jagd nach Sternenstaub
       Hunting Star Dust

Best wishes,

Bernd

P.S.: I can't receive any mails at the moment as my server is down but I
saw Martin's congrats in our archives. Thank you, Martin. I am so proud
to own this celestial gem!