[meteorite-list] Hokey smokes, impacts all over Meteorites in Quebec?

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:33 2004

Dear List;
I looked over my "Correlated History of Earth" poster and under the
known impacts of the world, I counted 9 in Quebec and a couple whoppers
near buy (Sudbury whopper is 220, Duluth being another whopper though
off a ways, is also huge at 200), her we go.
Manicouagan 100
New Quebec 1.4
Charleviox 54
2 East and West Clearwater Lake 36 and 26 (I think this may be the
nickel deposit being mined)
Lac Lamoinerie 8
Couture 8
Presqu'ile 24

Sudbury was 220 and for relationship, Chicxulub was 180 (hello
cretaceous extinction) AND HERE IS THE FUN PART,
the numbers are crater diameter in Kilometers across.
I hope I have generated some interest, or confusion.
Best,
Dave Freeman