[meteorite-list] Re: can a meteorite destroy the earth?

From: MrX3010_at_aol.com <MrX3010_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:33 2004

--part1_37.28e452fa.2a3bc109_boundary

Destroy the entire planet, I guess anything's possible, but yes it could wipe
out life on earth at least most life anyway. It's happened before and it
will likely happen again one day. We should be prepared for the likelihood
of it and not just wish it away into the realms of science fiction or the
"not in our life time" realm where we stash away unpleasant scenarios. Oh
well it's a theory anyway. Dont worry to much about it there's really no use
either way.

--part1_37.28e452fa.2a3bc109_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Destroy the entire planet, I guess anything's possible, but yes it could wipe out life on earth at least most life anyway.&nbsp;&nbsp; It's happened before and it will likely happen again one day.&nbsp; We should be prepared for the likelihood of it and not just wish it away into the realms of science fiction or the "not in our life time" realm where we&nbsp; stash away unpleasant scenarios.&nbsp; Oh well it's a theory anyway.&nbsp; Dont worry to much about it there's really no use either way.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_37.28e452fa.2a3bc109_boundary--