[meteorite-list] Chondrites With The Widmannstatten Pattern

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:34 2004

June 17, 2002

Greetings Meteorite Enthusiasts!

It is simply mind-boggling with all the information
that I have been able to glean from the NASA Ads
Abstracts library In reference to Portales Valley! I
have so many questions to ask too!

Nevertheless, for right now I would just like to ask
one question in regards to the paper entitled:
"Widmannstatten Texture In The Portales Valley
Meteorite: Slow (But Not Unusually Slow) Cooling At
Low Temperatures."

The authors made a statement that seemed to imply (at
least to me) that there were other chondrites with
Widmannstatten patterns. The question is simply "Is
there?"

Long strewn fields!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA