[meteorite-list] THE SUM FEAR OF SOMETHING HITTING US!!!

From: Steve Arnold, Chicago!!! <steve_arnol60120_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:34 2004

Good morning all. Coming from my astronomy side, the idea of something
hitting our little world, can either be great or small. It is like us
losing in the WORLD CUP SOCCER. A 1 to 0 game in the soccer world is like
losing 20 to 0! the vastness of space is great, that one would wonder how
we could ever get hit. Then I guess, where did all the meteorites come
from? Well they fell because we were in their way. So what would stop an
Asteroid from falling? Nothing! If the closest star is 4.5 light-years
away, you think to youself, geez that is along way off, not really, when
in astronomy terms, that is close by our terms. So even though we have all
this great vastness between us, we in the skeem of things, just happen to
be here, and if we are in the way, OH WELL! We just hope and pray we do
not get hit. Just think tho, if it does hit, we might find something we
have seen or experienced. I do vote for the first tho. And remember, IN
SPACE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

               Have a great day all from chicago!