[meteorite-list] Green meteorites and Ureyite

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:35 2004

--part1_148.107d9c05.2a491edd_boundary

In a message dated 6/24/2002 3:23:49 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
tracyl_at_lib.state.hi.us writes:

> Has anyone heard tell of a jeweler making cabochons out of a chondrite,
> not an iron? It occurs to me that some of the LL3s and LL4s might make
> really lovely ringstones and pendants; a ring with a .5g cabochon of,
> say, Begaa might make a nice conversation piece, as well as proclaiming
> your love for rocks from space! With all the NWA stones, I'd be surprised
> if no one was doing some experimentation.

Since you ask....
I had a few belt buckles made with cabochons of Gold Basin. I picked Gold
Basin for the experiment because it is a pretty but sturdy meteorite, and Jim
Kriegh provided me with some crack-free pieces. (Thanks Jim)

I am sorry, they are not on my site (yet), please contact me off-list if you
are interested.

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com