[meteorite-list] info on virus

From: Tom Randall <trandall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:35 2004

  Tracy and the rest of the gang,
    I received this e-mail today and it said it came from the meteorite l=
ist.=20
Seems strange and also like spam as well. It came from my provider (I thi=
nk)=20
but I'm going to check with them and see if the address is valid or what.=
=20
Anyone else get something like this? Not sure what to make of it:

RAV AntiVirus for FreeBSD i386 version: 8.3.2 (snapshot-20020109)
Copyright (c) 1996-2001 GeCAD The Software Company. All rights reserved.
Registered version for 2 domain(s).
Running on host: mail

-----------------------
 RAV Antivirus results
-----------------------

The infected file was saved to quarantine with name:=20
1025008211-RAVg5PCUBVO030901.
The file (part0000:)->(IFRAME0) attached to mail (with=20
subject:[meteorite-list] Cellspacing) sent by=20
meteorite-list-admin_at_meteoritecentral.com to trandall@idsi.net,=20
is infected with virus: HTML/IFrame_Exploit*.
Cannot clean this file.
The file was successfully deleted by RAV AntiVirus.
------------------------
this is a copy of the e-mail header:

Scan engine 8.7 () for i386.
Last update: Sat Jun 22 01:40:44 2002
Scanning for 69135 malwares (viruses, trojans and worms).

To get a free 60-days evaluation version of RAV AntiVirus v8
(yet fully functional) please visit:

   http://www.ravantivirus.com

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 03:18 pm, Tracy Latimer wrote:
> I have received a few instances of SPAM in Hotmail where when I clicked=
 on
> the message, there was nothing there. Is this a new virus?
>
> Tracy Latimer

=20