[meteorite-list] Ebay Experiment

From: Rosemary Hackney <ltcrose_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:01:36 2004

Matteo..

For the most part.. I bid a proxy bid..But sometimes.. no one raises it.
But then there was the time I had a proxy of 209.00 and Pekka and I were
bidding on the same thing..LOL> and at the end I was raised to over two
hundred on a piece that probably was 50.00 hehe.. But Michael was a good
sport about it and gave me some extra.. LOL.. Sometimes if it is the last
10 mins I may just hit the minimum figuring that is what they want and if I
am outbid..so ok. But if it is rare enough or I want it... I bid high.

But like the saber. The reserve was so high. ( 500.00) I had bid like
300.00.. But the reserve was not met. Hate those reserves.. The guy told me
later I could have it for 500.00 But I never got back to him.. I wish
people would set it for what they want or think it is worth to give us an
idea. I don't like the reserve guessing game.

If we then have a WAG.. then we can fire off from there and have a " civil"
bidding war..lol

I have bought a few from you and as Far as I can ascertain they have been
quality specimens. But when you think of meteorites.. the piece may be
small.. but.. is still a piece from space.

Here I ramble again..

Rosie