[meteorite-list] Nininger 16 yaers ago today.

From: Keith's _at_home <arizonakeith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:24 2004

Hello List

I like to honor today Harvey Harlow Nininger who past way 16 years ago today
March 1 1986.
He was Truly a man dedicated to the Teaching and finding of Meteorites to
anyone who would listen to him.

"It seem high time that man cease propagating the myth that the earth was
created one afternoon about 6,000 years ago and that he gear his thinking to
a recognition of the fact that he lives in the midst of a process the
individual incidents of which are so widely separated in time and space that
no one ever sees enough of it to adequately describe it; but by careful
evaluation of recorded incidents he may build a reliable concept of Nature,
including himself, and his race, basking in the radiance of increasing
knowledge and ingenuity behind the whole performance."
H. H. Nininger, 1972, Find A Falling Star, Preface par. 2.

3 cheers for Nininger, We're still listening and leaning from him.
Thanks for your time

Keith Vazquez
Chandler, Az.