[meteorite-list] Ries Impactite - eBay auctions! - Tuscon

From: Mark Bostick <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:24 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1C216.45C51EE0

Hello,

Finally have things back in order and settled from my little trip. =
Thank you to everyone for your understanding while I was gone. =20

I enjoyed meeting everyone at this years Tuscon show. It was nice to =
see Art Jones, Ron Hartman, Michael Cottingham, Michael Blood and some =
of the others I had not meet before. =20

I was amazed at the number of Colorado presence. I think we should all =
be carefull that the Comets aren't trying to take everything over. =20

Once again I would like to thank everyone that was involved in the =
different events. Good Food, Good People, Good Drinks and meteorites. =
What more do you need? =20

I also am over 200 eBay auctions again including many meteorites, =
inluding books and impactite. Here is a link to what I have titled "1 =
of Kind Tuscon Meteorite Scale! READ!"......

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D1079455245

I also brought back from Tuscon some Ries Impactite slices I had Ron =
Hartman cut for me. As always he did a great job.=20

Ries Suevite Breccia . About 14.7 million years old an the impact of a =
large meteorite or comet nucleus with the Earth's surface at Nordlinger =
Ries, Germany, Czechoslovakia in the Moldau Valley crated a crater and =
this suevite breccia. This is the impact that also created the gem green =
moldavite tektites. In the Suevite you can see looks of glass bombs =
(black), crystalline fragments (speckled) and fragments of Malmain =
limestone (light grey). Most of the fragments embedded in suevite were =
changed by the influence of heat. The origin of the Ries site was a =
debate for hundreds of years, untill on July 27th 1960 Prof. Shoemaker =
came to the Ries site to search for coesite, an impact created mineral. =
In a few days the samples he collected tested positive.=20
Slices are $.10 a gram...all sizes available....e-mail off list if =
interested..

Thanks again, Mark Bostick "The Big Collector"

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1C216.45C51EE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Finally have things back in order and =
settled from=20
my little trip.&nbsp; Thank you to everyone for your understanding while =
I was=20
gone.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I enjoyed meeting&nbsp;everyone&nbsp;at =
this years=20
Tuscon show.&nbsp; It was nice to see Art Jones, Ron Hartman, Michael=20
Cottingham, Michael Blood and some of the others I had not meet =
before.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was amazed at the number of Colorado=20
presence.&nbsp; I think we should all be carefull that the Comets aren't =
trying=20
to take everything over.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Once again I would like to thank =
everyone that was=20
involved in the different events.&nbsp; Good Food, Good People, Good =
Drinks and=20
meteorites. What more do you need?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I also am over 200 eBay auctions again =
including=20
many meteorites, inluding books and impactite.&nbsp; Here is a link to =
what I=20
have titled "<FONT size=3D2>1 of Kind Tuscon Meteorite Scale!=20
READ!"......</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D1079=
455245"><FONT=20
face=3D"Courier =
New">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=3D1079455=
245</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I&nbsp;also brought back from =
Tuscon&nbsp;some Ries=20
Impactite slices I had Ron Hartman cut for me.&nbsp;&nbsp; As always he =
did a=20
great job. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Ries Suevite Breccia . About 14.7 million years old an the impact =
of a=20
large meteorite or comet nucleus with the Earth=92s surface at =
Nordlinger Ries,=20
Germany, Czechoslovakia in the Moldau Valley crated a crater and this =
suevite=20
breccia. This is the impact that also created the gem green moldavite =
tektites.=20
<FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In the Suevite you can see looks of glass =
bombs (black),=20
crystalline fragments (speckled) and fragments of Malmain limestone =
(light=20
grey). Most of the fragments embedded in suevite were changed by the =
influence=20
of heat. The origin of the Ries site was a debate for hundreds of years, =
untill=20
on July 27th 1960 Prof. Shoemaker came to the Ries site to search for =
coesite,=20
an impact created mineral. In a few days the samples he collected tested =

positive. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Slices are $.10 a gram...all sizes=20
available....e-mail off list if interested..</FONT></P>
<P><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks again, Mark Bostick "The Big=20
Collector"</P></FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C1C216.45C51EE0--