[meteorite-list] Re: Kitchen Comet Cows

From: Paul Dudley <pdudley_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:02:24 2004

> In my humble but doubtless unique opinion, too much of our world is run
> already by crude youth and their toadies, the crude youth marketeers.
> Perhaps like the methane itself, it's a product of decay.

You are not alone in this opinion. The idea that science should be taught
as a form of entertainment --not necessarily with any substantial content
nor accountability-- is the primary reason why I left the science teaching
profession 18 years ago. The old Mr. Wizard TV shows of the 1950s would be
considered dull by today's commercial entertainment-driven standards, but
they were highly informative-- and to me as a young boy--fascinating.

> I vote not to encourage it.

Add my vote too.

> Dave Coleman
and Paul Dudley